Saving Money and Energy from Health and Wellness Trips
Release tensions through a vacation without even trying to fit your budget.
If a once-a-week fitness class isn’t enough to help you shape up, a retreat may be what you need. Vacations are meant to renew spirits, energy, and invoke a general sense of well-being. While most search for relaxation in luxury, there are travels that can actually make you healthy inside and out. These vacations focus on health and wellness, which are almost synonymous to check-ups when they clearly have other implications. You don’t need to graze all the way to Bali to find a well-meaning health retreat you can afford. Some of the best places to cleanse the system range from Colorado and Miami Beach to as far as the Caribbean.
Great Health and Wellness Destinations for Budget-Conscious Travelers
If there’s one secret to being stress-free, it’s proper planning. Research on beautifully balmy settings where you can be massaged, cared for, and stretched without ganging up on your budget. Health and wellness retreats often come in yoga ashrams and delectable spas. These days, therapies with amazing backdrops go beyond the usual, most of which are retreats you can afford. Below are recommended retreats set in landscapes that have their own healing magic:
• Colorado. Yoga ashrams are abundant below Colorado’s mountainous outdoors. In the mountain valley of Red Feather Lakes is the Shambhala Mountain Center, which has an array of programs centered on mindfulness, such as ikebana, writing, and drumming. Lodging takes place in a dormitory and are inclusive of meals.
• Nassau, Bahamas. Rates in the Sivananda Ashram Yoga Retreat house are as low as it gets. Programs at $15, accommodations at $69, and free meals are just some of the perks that go along with refreshed senses.
• Stockbridge, Massachusetts. The retreat and renewal packages launch at $160 per night, which are already inclusive of dorm spaces with baths, yoga classes, outdoor activities, and three meals daily.
• Jungle Bay Resort and Spa, Dominica. Instead of the sugary Caribbean fares, gear towards its more organic side which definitely costs lest. The resort offers a Jungle Spa Package inclusive of massage sessions, organic meals, nice rooms, and activities such as kayaking, hiking, snorkeling, and even yoga classes.
• Sviananda Ashram Yoga Retreat, Paradise Island. Relax on the beach, book a massage, enjoy vegetarian meals, and finally retire in comfortable dorm rooms.
• Jackie’s on the Reef, Jamaica. Friends traveling in pairs and couples who want to keep it simple will love the packages that go below a hundred dollars for rooms, breakfast, dinner, and yoga classes. Treatments like tai chi complete the Caribbean zen in the reef-side haven.
• The Standard, Miami Beach. Looking sleek and modern, the Biscayne Bay property actually offers budget accommodations, inclusive of unusual retreats. Ask about their Spa Sleepover, which offers access to a steam room, cedar sauna, hydrotherapy pools, and yoga classes.
How to Save:
Vacations have been type casted as excuses to gain a few pounds or so. But once you see retreats as opportunities to shed some pounds, your holiday would certainly be a budget-friendly one, even without counting all the savings you could make from the absence of food trips. Healthier choices for vacations entail more exercise, which means renting bikes instead of hailing taxi cabs, or boating instead of splurging on yacht rides.
For example, beach games don’t really cost a cent if you find a few friends. You can even have nice muscle cuts while seeing some of the nicest tourist spots in the world. And while some of the most sought-after health and wellness centers can be found in other parts of the globe, most of these places have dormitories and rooms perfect for sharing. Bring your own tent, hammocks, and mats to save on rentals.
These retreats may offer a lot of programs and healthy treatments. Before heading out to these places, have a definite mindset on what you truly want and on what fits your budget. You don’t want to be caught off guard and be floored by the number of packages and deals offered to you. Head to these destinations at a comfortable time and avoid the weekend’s inflated prices and peak season rates. Some vacation places may inflate their rates during the summer, but states like Colorado offers great alternatives at lower prices during this season.
Savings Tips Contributed by GuestsHave a savings tip to share? Contribute
This piece was a liefcjaket that saved me from drowning.